Laura B. Pincus, M.D.
- Phone: 415-353-7553
- Naujokas A, Charli-Joseph Y, Ruben BS, Yeh I, Leboit PE, McCalmont TH, Pincus LB. SOX-10 expression in cutaneous myoepitheliomas and mixed tumors.J Cutan Pathol. 2014 Apr;41 (4):353-63. Epub 2014 Feb 3.
- Shain HA, Yeh I,Kovalyshyn I, Sriharan A, Talevich E, Gagnon A, Dummer R, North J,Pincus L, Ruben R, Rickaby W,D’Arrigo C,Robson A,Bastian BC.The Genetic Evolution of Melanoma from Precursor Lesions. N Engl J Med.In press.
- Pincus LB and LeBoit PE. "Mycosis fungoides and Sezary Syndrome." Hematopathology, 2nd Edition. Eds: E Jaffe, N, Harris, J Vardiman, E Campo and DA Arber. In press.
- Pincus LB and McCalmont TM. "Adnexal Neoplasms." Dermatology, 4th Edition.Eds. JL Bolognia, Jorizzo JL and Schaffer JV. In press
- Naujokas A, Charli-Joseph Y, Ruben BS, Yeh I, Leboit PE, McCalmont TH,Pincus LB.SOX-10 expression in cutaneous myoepitheliomas and mixed tumors.J Cutan Pathol.2014 Apr;41 (4):353-63. Epub 2014 Feb 3.
- Ai WZ, Keegan TH, Press DJ, Yang J, Pincus LB, Kim YH, Change ET. Outcomes after diagnosis of mycosis fungoides before 30 years of age: a population-based study. JAMA Dermatol. 2014.Apr 9. doi: 10.1001/jamadermatol.2013.7747. [Epub ahead of print]
- Salva KA, Haemel AK, Pincus LB, Liu J, Sundram U, Guitart J, Longley JB, Wood GS. CD31/PECAM-1 (platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1): a biomarker for blastic plasmacytoid dendritic cell neoplasms. JAMA Dermatol. 2014 ;150:73-6.
- Berliner JG, Haemel A, LeBoit PE, Pincus LB. Sarcoidal variant of annular elastolytic granuloma. J Cutan Pathol. 2013;40:917-20
- Charli-Joseph Y, Chong K, Ai WZ, LeBoit PE, Pincus LB Paraneoplastic acanthosis nigricans paralleling disease course in a patient with mycosis fungoides. Eur J Dermatol. 2013;23:907-8.
- Kanada K, Schwartz BS, Pincus LB, Berger TG, Richards JA, Shinkai K. A therapeutic trial of antituberculous therapy for suspected Lupus Vulgaris: how long does it take to see clinical improvement?J Am Acad Dermatol.2013; 69: 252-4.
- Belani H,Gensler L,Bajpai U, Meinhardt E, Graf J,Pincus L, Leslie K. Neutrophilic Urticaria With Systemic Inflammation. JAMA Dermatol. 2013 Apr 1;149(4):453-8.
- Hall BJ, Pincus LB, Yu SS, Oh DH, Wilson AR, McCalmont TH. Immunohistochemical prognostication of Merkel cell carcinoma: p63 expression but not polyomavirus status correlates with outcome. J Cutan Pathol. 2012 Jul 4. PMID: 22882157
- Cho RJ, McCalmont TH, Ai WZ, Fox LP, Treseler P, Pincus LB. Use of an expanded immunohistochemical panel to distinguish cutaneous Hodgkin lymphoma from histopathologic imitators. J Cutan Pathol. 2012 Jun;39(6):651-8. Epub 2012 Feb 11. PMID: 22324490
- Soon CW, Pincus LB, Ai WZ, McCalmont TH. Acneiform presentation of primary cutaneous follicle center lymphoma. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2011 Oct;65(4):887-9. PMID: 21920255
- Fried I, Pincus LB, North J, El-Shabrawi-Caelen L. Basal cell carcinoma with a bonus. J Cutan Pathol. 2011 Mar;38(3):261-3.
- Pincus LB, Price VH, McCalmont TH. The amount counts: distinguishing neutrophil-mediated and lymphocyte-mediated cicatricial alopecia by compound
follicles. J Cutan Pathol. 2011 Jan;38(1):1-4.
- Pincus LB, LeBoit PE, Goddard DS, Cho RJ, McCalmont TH. Marked papillary dermal edema--an unreliable discriminator between polymorphous light eruption and lupus erythematosus or dermatomyositis. J Cutan Pathol. 2010 Apr;37(4):416-25.
- Pincus LB, Zehnder JL, Neuhaus IM, Andreadis C, McCalmont TH. Presentation of extranodal natural killer T-cell lymphoma, nasal type, with poorly circumscribed erythematous patches. J Clin Oncol. 2010 Feb 20;28(6):e94-5.
- Pincus LB, Schwartz BS, Cunningham G, Saeed S, Berger TG. Cutaneous phaeohyphomycosis caused by Cladophialophora bantiana in a scar after treatment
with intralesional corticosteroid injections. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2009 Sep;61(3):537-8.
- Pincus LB, LeBoit PE, McCalmont TH, Ricci R, Buzio C, Fox LP, Oliver F, Cerroni L. Subcutaneous panniculitis-like T-cell lymphoma with overlapping clinicopathologic features of lupus erythematosus: coexistence of 2 entities? Am J Dermatopathol. 2009 Aug;31(6):520-6.
- Bianchi T, Pincus LB, Wurbel MA, Rich BE, Kupper TS, Fuhlbrigge RC, Boes M. Maintenance of peripheral tolerance through controlled tissue homing of
antigen-specific T cells in K14-mOVA mice. J Immunol. 2009 Apr 15;182(8):4665-74.
- Pincus LB, Fox LP. Images in clinical medicine. The Stewart-Treves syndrome. N Engl J Med. 2008 Aug 28;359(9):950.
- Pincus LB, McCalmont TH, Neuhaus IM, Kasper R, Oh DH. Basal cell carcinomas arising within multiple trichoepitheliomas. J Cutan Pathol. 2008 Oct;35 Suppl
- Pincus LB, Grossman ME, Fox LP. The exanthem of dengue fever: Clinical features of two US tourists traveling abroad. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2008
- Solky BA, Pincus L, Horan RF. Vancomycin-induced linear IgA bullous dermatosis: morphology is a key to diagnosis. Cutis. 2004 Jan;73(1):65-7.
- Hurwitz DJ, Pincus L, Kupper TS. Imiquimod: a topically applied link between innate and acquired immunity. Arch Dermatol. 2003 Oct;139(10):1347-50.
- Associate Professor of Dermatology and Pathology
I earned my undergraduate and medical degrees from Harvard University. During medical school, I received a Howard-Hughes fellowship to spend a year in a basic science laboratory studying T-cell trafficking to the skin. After medical school, I completed an internship in Internal Medicine at the Massachusetts General Hospital and then moved to San Francisco for residency in dermatology at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF). Following residency, I spent a year conducting clinical research in cutaneous lymphoma while also working in the Cutaneous Lymphoma Clinic at UCSF. The subsequent year, I completed a fellowship in dermatopathology at UCSF.
In 2009, I received the Weedon Award, given by International Society of Dermatopathology, for the best article published in the American Journal of Dermatopathology. The publication examined the relationship between subcutaneous panniculitis-like T cell lymphoma and lupus erythematosus.
I joined the faculty of the UCSF Dermatopathology Service in 2010. I both serve as a dermatopathologist and the Co-Director of the Cutaneous Lymphoma Clinic. My areas of interest include cutaneous lymphomas, connective tissue diseases, cutaneous infectious diseases, and melanocytic neoplasms. I enjoy teaching residents and medical students both dermatology and dermatopathology.
January 28-30, 2016 National Institute of Health Sciences and Nutrition. A Clinical-Pathological Approach to Cutaneous Atypical Lymphoid Infiltrates. Five Lectures: 1. Approach to the diagnosis of epidermotropic T-cell infiltrates. Conventional mycosis fungoides & rare clinical variants FMF, GSSS & Pagetoid reticulosis. 2. Sezary syndrome and inflammatory mimics. 3. Subcutaneous panniculitis-like T-cell lymphoma & simulants. 4. Small/medium CD4+ pleomorphic T-cell lymphoma Indolent CD8+ lymphoid proliferation of the ear. 5. Microscopy session. Cases from the University of California San Francisco. Mexico City, Mexico
October 19-22, 2015 Scientific Symposium Dermatopathology in Paradise.
Mycosis Fungoides and Seazary Syndrome. 10/20: Cutaneous Lymphoma Potpouri. Lymphomas in the Subcutis: Pearls and Pitfalls. 10/21 Instructive Cases from UCSF Dermatopathology. The Big Island of Hawaii
October 2015 American Society of Dermatopathology - Microscope Session
August 14-16, 2015. Oregon Dermatology Society Annual Meeting "Common Myths About Cutaneous Lymphoma" and "Instructive Cases from The UCSF Dermatopathology Service" Sunriver, OR